Before becoming a software engineer, I worked as a business analyst liaising between sales and technical teams to translate business needs into technical requirements. These days, I work directly with my business stakeholders to define a technical roadmap, and make their requirements a reality.
I reach for these technologies on a daily basis:
- CSS (& Sass)
Software Engineer @ Freedom Financial Network
San Mateo, CA▸June 2018 - Present
- Migrated advertorial pages to WordPress from a static site improving speed index of pages by 283%
- Won Best Value to the Business award during company hackathon by extending current online application to help clients enroll in the program online
- Drove early adoption of new WordPress editing experience, implementing usage six months before release into WordPress Core
Senior Front End Developer @ WebDevStudios
Glenside, PA (remote)▸June 2016 - August 2017
Responsible for large, complex front end features, and transforming design mockups into functional WordPress themes using Sass, jQuery, and PHP. Mentored front end developer team members through code reviews and pair programming activities.
- Evaluated, improved, and consolidated code for front end components in a large WooCommerce site making components more performant and maintainable
- Managed expectations by communicating potential roadblocks to project managers early avoiding delays in ticket completion
- Influenced policy around theme organization by suggesting developers use template parts to manage smaller, reusable user interface components
- Developed significant portion of scaffolding library within wd_s, WebDevStudios’ starter theme
Front End Developer & Designer @ MIGHTYminnow
Oakland, CA▸July 2015 - February 2016
Designed WordPress websites for nonprofit organizations and small business clients in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gained front end development skills by creating child themes using CSS and PHP. Teaching assistant for live WordPress workshops.
- Designed and coded several components for Mm Components, a plugin for adding web components to WordPress websites
- Introduced style guides to maintain consistency when building out client web sites
- Provided design feedback to clients enrolled in Website Weekend classes
Business Process Analyst @ Cisco UK
Feltham, UK▸October 2009 - November 2013
Managed team of three employees to perform data analysis, reporting, training and tool support for sales operations team of 50 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Russia (EMEAR).
- Identified $250 million in missing renewal opportunity leads during FY10-to-FY11 year-end process; collaborated with IT to regain visibility to opportunity, and with leadership in other geographies to correctly allocate opportunity
- Improved accuracy and efficiency of reporting process by creating a database, saving $16K by eliminating extra headcount for the position
- Led adoption of sales opportunity management tools in EMEAR market; gathered requirements for sales opportunity management tools
Business Analyst @ Cisco US
San Jose, CA▸January 2006 - October 2009
Maintained $1.4B renewal base in the Americas; provided renewal opportunity reports to stakeholders. Ensured accurate visibility of renewal opportunities to stakeholders in the sales organization.
- Mentored and trained contractor team members; shared best practices for renewal base management and reporting
- Performed root cause analysis to identify issues with renewal opportunity management tools, and worked with global IT for quick resolution to problems